XP Deluxe Protector is a rogue security software, it is a false anti-spyware application that is generally installed in the user’s computer by dangerous trojans (such as Zlob and false video codecs), but it can also be installed manually by the victim.
Once the your computer is infected with this parasite, it will immediately displays security warnings, alerts and system scans stating that your computer is heavily infected. These warnings are all false and are only displayed to make you think your computer is truly infected and that it is necessary to buy the full version of the software to remove the so-called infections.
Make sure to not fall in this scam, if your computer is infected with XP Deluxe Protector, it is recommended to remove it immediately and to scan your system with a real security software.
Symptoms of infection
- The process xpdeluxe.exe is running in your system
- The process PAVRM.exe is running in your system
- Slow computer performance
- Repeated security warnings, alerts and system scans
- Web sites that suddenly are shown on your desktop
When the program is executed, it creates the following files:
1 2 3 4 5 6
%Program Files%\XPDeluxeProtector %Program Files%\XPDeluxeProtector\PAVRM.exe %Program Files%\XPDeluxeProtector\xpdeluxe.exe %UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\XP Deluxe Protector.lnk %UserProfile%\Desktop\XP Deluxe Protector.lnk %UserProfile%\Start Menu\XP Deluxe Protector.lnk
The program creates the following registry entries:
1 2 3 4 5
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International\xpdeluxe HKCU\Software\xpdeluxe HKCU\Software\XP Deluxe Protector HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\XP Deluxe Protector HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\XP Deluxe
How to remove XP Deluxe Protector (manual removal) ?
- Terminate all the XP Deluxe Protector processes
- Unregister all the XP Deluxe Protector DLLs
- Delete all the XP Deluxe Protector files
- Delete all the XP Deluxe Protector registry entries
How to remove XP Deluxe Protector (automatic removal) ?
- Download and Install NoVirusThanks Malware Remover
- Update the database
- Click the button Scan
- Delete infected files