Advanced Spyware Detect (also known as ASD) is a rogue security software, it is a false anti-spyware application that is generally installed in the user’s computer by dangerous trojans (such as Zlob and false video codecs), but it can also be installed manually by the victim.
Once your computer is infected with this parasite, it will immediately displays security warnings, alerts and system scans stating that your computer is heavily infected. These warnings are all false and are only displayed to make you think your computer is truly infected and that it is necessary to buy the full version of the software to remove the so-called infections.
Make sure to not fall in this scam, if your computer is infected with AV Advanced Spyware Detect, it is recommended to remove it immediately and to scan your system with a real security software.
Symptoms of infection
- The process asd.exe is running in your system
- The process ieupdates.exe is running in your system
- The process Advanced Spyware Detect.exe is running in your system
- Slow computer performance
- Repeated security warnings, alerts and system scans
- Web sites that suddenly are shown on your desktop
Malicious web sites and urls:
When the program is executed, it creates the following files:
1 2 3 4 5
asd.exe ieupdates.exe Advanced Spyware Detect.exe Advanced Spyware Detect.lnk Uninstall Advanced Spyware Detect.lnk
The program creates the following registry entries:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced Spyware Detect HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Advanced Spyware Detect
How to remove Advanced Spyware Detect (manual removal) ?
- Kill the running process asd.exe
- Kill the running process ieupdates.exe
- Kill the running process Advanced Spyware Detect.exe
- Unregister all the Advanced Spyware Detect DLLs
- Delete all the Advanced Spyware Detect files
- Delete all the Advanced Spyware Detect registry entries
How to remove Advanced Spyware Detect (automatic removal) ?
- Download and Install NoVirusThanks Malware Remover
- Update the database
- Click the button Scan
- Delete infected files