Spyware Remover 2009 is a rogue security software, it is a false anti-spyware application that is generally installed in the user’s computer by dangerous trojans (such as Zlob and false video codecs), but it can also be installed manually by the victim.
Once your computer is infected with this parasite, it will immediately displays security warnings, alerts and system scans stating that your computer is heavily infected. These warnings are all false and are only displayed to make you think your computer is truly infected and that it is necessary to buy the full version of the software to remove the so-called infections.
Make sure to not fall in this scam, if your computer is infected with Spyware Remover 2009, it is recommended to remove it immediately and to scan your system with a real security software.
Symptoms of infection
- The process SR.exe is running in your system
- Slow computer performance
- Repeated security warnings, alerts and system scans
- Web sites that suddenly are shown on your desktop
When the program is executed, it creates the following files:
1 2 3 4 5 6
%ProgramFiles%SpywareRemover2009 %ProgramFiles%SpywareRemover2009\Viruses.bdt %ProgramFiles%SpywareRemover2009\SR.exe %AllUsers%\Start Menu\Programs\SpywareRemover2009 %AllUsers%\Start Menu\Programs\SpywareRemover2009\SpywareRemover2009.lnk %UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\SpywareRemover2009.lnk
The program creates the following registry entries:
How to remove Spyware Remover 2009 (manual removal) ?
- Kill the running process SR.exe
- Unregister all the Spyware Remover 2009 DLLs
- Delete all the Spyware Remover 2009 files
- Delete all the Spyware Remover 2009 registry entries
How to remove Spyware Remover 2009 (automatic removal) ?
- Download and Install NoVirusThanks Malware Remover
- Update the database
- Click the button Scan
- Delete infected files