Win PC Defender, also known as WinPC Defender, is a rogue security software, it is a false anti-spyware application that is generally installed in the user’s computer by dangerous trojans (such as Zlob and false video codecs), but it can also be installed manually by the victim.
Once your computer is infected with this parasite, it will immediately displays security warnings, alerts and system scans stating that your computer is heavily infected. These warnings are all false and are only displayed to make you think your computer is truly infected and that it is necessary to buy the full version of the software to remove the so-called infections.
Make sure to not fall in this scam, if your computer is infected with Win PC Defender, it is recommended to remove it immediately and to scan your system with a real security software.
Symptoms of infection
- The process WDefDemo.exe is running in your system
- The process Uninstall_st_st_.exe is running in your system
- Slow computer performance
- Repeated security warnings, alerts and system scans
- Web sites that suddenly are shown on your desktop
Malicious web sites and urls:
When the program is executed, it creates the following files:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
%ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\data.dat %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\FwHookDrv.sys %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\HOSTS.hst %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\Manual.url %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\options.xml %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\reserve.dat %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\rules %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\Rules.txt %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\siren.wav %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\Support.url %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\svo.scf %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\temp %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\Uninstall.exe %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\Uninstall_st_st_.exe %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\vfile %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\WDefDemo.exe %ProgramFiles%\WinPC Defender\Web.url
The program creates the following registry entries:
1 2 3
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\WinPC Defender HKCU\Software\WinPC Defender HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WinPC Defender
How to remove Win PC Defender (manual removal) ?
- Kill the running process WDefDemo.exe
- Kill the running process Uninstall_st_st_.exe
- Unregister all the Win PC Defender DLLs
- Delete all the Win PC Defender files
- Delete all the Win PC Defender registry entries
How to remove Win PC Defender (automatic removal) ?
- Scan your system with NoVirusThanks Malware Remover